Friday, May 4, 2012

~ 12 Months~

Size: Parker is currently wearing 12-18 month clothes & still in a size 4 diaper.  His little feet are now in a size 4-5 shoe and he is getting good use out of all his shoes now!  He is adorable when he walks!  When he gets really excited, he throws his shoulders back and pokes out his tummy when he runs - cutest thing ever!  I can't remember his exact measurements & I've already filed his little paper from the doctor's office, but he was 20-21lbs at 12 months.   My little man is just growing up too fast!


Breastfeeding: I made it, I made it, I made it!!!  We reached our 1 year mark & we've kept going! I can't even describe the excitement and joy I have for reaching such a milestone w/ my sweet boy!  For those of you that also breastfed, you know how I'm feeling now!  I don't have a goal in mind anymore....I will just see how things go.  We are only nursing at night & I've used all that I had frozen.  As of now, though, I seem to have really adjusted to the "once a day" routine. :)

Firsts: Well, since Parker is actually 13 months as I type his 12 month update, I'm quite behind on this section!  I could kick myself for not recording more of his firsts & writing down the specific dates, but here is a recap!  Parker says several words now - ball, baba (bottle), bear, trah-tur (tractor), belbub (belly button)!  Now, belly button is a bit "advanced" if you ask me, but we are always looking for his, so it made sense that he would pick up on it early! He's so funny when you ask him where his belly button is....he pulls up his shirt and just grabs his tummy & smiles so big!  Parker also LOVES tractors!  He gets so excited when he sees one & his face just lights up!  He has started making the "vroom vroom" sound when he plays, which makes watching him even cuter!  Parker has a great little arm too - almost any round shaped object becomes a "ball" and he will ALWAYS throw it!  When we tell him to "dance" he bounces up and down....seriously the cutest.thing.ever!  He is such a cut up & we're always laughing!!



Favorites: Parker loves to read books!  This makes me so happy and I hope that he continues to love to read and learn new things.  Parker's favorite book right now is his Thomas the Train book.  It has little musical buttons on the side & he likes to press them and dance!  The last page of the book is his absolute favorite b/c it has farm animals and a tractor on that page!  He always opens it up to the back, climbs (YES HE CAN CLIMB ON THE COUCH NOW!!) up on the couch, and wants to help point out the different animals.  He is so smart - he gets them right every time!

Here are a few pictures from Parker's first birthday party (Vintage Carnival)!  Hopefully, soon, I will have time to really put some thought into a post :)







No comments:

Post a Comment