Tuesday, April 26, 2011

4 week checkup

We took Parker to the doctor on 4/21/11 for his 1 month checkup.  Our little man weighed 9 lbs 15 oz and was 22.5 inches long!! The nurse said he was very "talkative" because he makes so much noise and grunts a lot...lol!  I am amazed at how he grows and changes each day.  I am so thankful that God blessed us with such a perfect little angel.  Parker is now 5 weeks and 1 day old and he has already changed so much since last week.  I love to see how he grows, but I also wish I could stop time and keep him little!  He's doing great on with his sleeping schedule.  For example, last night he went to sleep around 10:30 and slept until 5am.  :) After he had his nights and days mixed up, we are sticking to our nightly routine that goes in this order: playtime, bath, bottle, rocking, bed!  I bought one of those activity mats the other day and Parker just loves it!  Obviously he can't "grab" anything yet, but the colors really keep his interest. Today he really started to lift his hands up and hit at things - he even set the music off one time and I was so proud!   I try to have him lay on it for about 30 minutes each night while I have a little "me" time (aka- a shower)!  He loves his bath time and is starting to kick his feet in the water!  He hates getting out and feeling that cold air - we have to rush to dress him b/c he screams until the clothes are on!


Last week we were so busy!  We went and took a picture with the Easter bunny on Tuesday and Parker did great!  We got a picture with his eyes open, but the poor bunny wasn't very good at holding his head up!  On Wednesday we went out to lunch and made our first venture into Dirt Cheap (which really stressed mommy out)!  I think we'll wait until he's able to hold his head up better before we go in there again!  It was so hard to hold him and push the buggy through the chaotic mess when he started to get a little fussy.  On Thursday we had his doctor appointment and then we had some family photos made in Fairhope.  Speaking of photos, Justin and I have determined that I have the worst luck with photography!  We had a horrific experience with our wedding pictures and, to this day, have not received our wedding album.  Long story short, we had the most amazing pictures taken when Parker was 7 days old and the photographer called me  a week later to tell me that something had happened to the disk that the pictures were on.  He sent it off to Canon and they confirmed that it was a corrupted disk and nothing that the photographer did.  I cried when he called me, but he had saved 3 to his computer prior to the disk messing up, so we have 3 really good pictures from that day.  He took some more for us and they turned out wonderful - so at least I am dealing with a very reputable person this time around and he's making the situation much better :)  I'm still sad we lost all of those beautiful pictures though :(


This past Sunday was Easter and Parker was so sweet in church.  He is doing so great and he never cries - I'm sure he'll cry this Sunday b/c I'm bragging on him now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment