Wow, time is flying by and I just wish it would slow down!! My handsome boy is now 7 months old and scooting all over the place! He still hasn't "officially" crawled yet, but he can get anywhere he wants and, if given enough time, he can pull up on anything and stand on his own.
Here's some updates :)
Size: Most of Parker's size 6 month clothes are getting too short in the stride, so we are moving on up into the 9-12 month range! Size mainly depends on the brand, but he's mostly in 6-9 months or 9 months! He still fits into a size 2 diaper, but I just used my last one. I have tons of size 3 and they fit him too (although they do look a little too big), but he is in the weight range for them, so I guess it's fine! I just hate to go buy more size 2s if he can fit into a 3 and I'm sure he won't be in 2s many more days at the rate he's growing!
Breastfeeding:This is becoming a bit of a struggle now :( After I got so sick last month, I've had a hard time pumping. I barely get anything, but Parker seems to nurse just fine in the evenings. I do notice on the weekends that he seems to want to eat more frequently and I bet it's because I'm producing a lot less milk during the day time. Parker still doesn't have a tooth, so I'm going to keep on giving it my best! I'm pretty sure once a tooth (teeth) come in, I may stop bf-ing. It's not that I don't think I could make it through teething, but I feel that, because I don't get to nurse every feeding, I would be have to "start over" each time he eats. Babies have to get used to eating w/ new teeth too!
Firsts: I caved about 2 weeks ago and let Parker taste ice cream - GASP!!!!! Now, for those of you that know me, I said I would NEVER do that - EVER!!!! In my defense, I only let him taste a little off my ice cream cone (about the size of 2 baby spoonfuls). I also must say that I was very annoyed with myself for breaking one of my own rules and, to this day, it still bugs me that I caved and let him have some. Parker did love it and made all sorts of grunting noises to try to convince me to let him have more - but I did limit him to two little tastes and that was IT!!!! He was just soooooo cute when he kept eyeing my cone and his little eyes were begging please - he literally followed every movement I made with it! He'll just have to wait until he's a little older to have some more!
Mommy's Projects: I'm a slacker!! No projects to speak of right now!
I'll post some pics later :) Hope everyone has a great night!
No comments:
Post a Comment